2017 Writing Contest
Blysster Press has been proudly running the yearly writing contest for Crypticon Seattle since 2011! In our continuing effort to bring great books into the world and to help authors of all skill levels learn and grow, we put a lot of time and love into making this contest accessible and fun. Each year’s contest results in a beautiful, unique anthology of the top stories, and winners are given awesome prizes. The most coveted prizes, of course, are the publishing offer and the cash, but we work hard to provide other cool goodies, too.
To enter the contest, please click the link below to visit the Blysster Press site and complete your submission form
Rules and Details
- Deadline January 8th, 2017
- All entrants must be 18 or older.
- Entries must not have been published anywhere else and must contain ONLY original content (sorry, no screenplays at this time).
- Entries submitted without the entry fee will be rejected.
- There are two entry options. “Writing Contest Entry” is the basic entry fee for $10–your piece will be read and scored by the judges, but you will only receive feedback if your story is selected for the finals. If you would like feedback from our Editor-In-Chief whether you are selected as a finalist or not, you may choose the “Writing Contest and Feedback” option for $20. Your piece will be read and scored by the judges, but you will also receive an email from our Editor-In-Chief with valuable feedback, edits, and tips. More details on the payment page. BOTH entry options have the same chance of winning. Stories are blind judged and scored.
- Enter as many times as you wish! Each entry MUST have a separate application and entry fee.
- The awards ceremony takes place at Crypticon Seattle. In order to attend the awards ceremony, entrants must purchase a pass to Crypticon Seattle (the year they are entering the contest). If you do not purchase a pass, you can not be admitted to the awards ceremony.
- Electronic entries and payment only.
- I understand and agree to the rules stated on the Crypticon Seattle and/or the Blysster Press contest page. Story length should be between 500 and 2,500 words though slightly shorter or longer entries may still be considered. Graphic novels should be between 10 and 20 pages–a “page” is 5X8 with .5″ (half inch) margins all around. If you need help formatting for a graphic novel, please send us a note!
- If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact us at email@example.com for any questions.